As the need for highly skilled workers increases, the importance of clearly identifying workforce needs is greater than ever. Our region’s ability to aggressively advocate for fully aligned education and training systems will be foundational to our economic development success. With these goals in mind, the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance (LVGEA), Vegas Chamber and Workforce Connections have teamed up to unite the business community around a new, comprehensive workforce strategy, known as Workforce Blueprint 2.0.
Workforce Blueprint 2.0 is designed to be an innovative, data-driven approach to solving regional workforce issues. The Blueprint approach is designed to accomplish the following goals:
• Identify Southern Nevada’s current and future workforce need
• Identify education and training capacity to meet workforce needs along with corresponding gaps
• Publish a Top 100 list of in-demand occupations
• Identify how regional education and training capacity has changed since the original
Blueprint was published
• Create a Workforce Report Card with annual workforce performance indicators to monitor progress
• Advocate for fully aligned education and training systems
By leveraging the unique strengths of each organization, LVGEA, Vegas Chamber and Workforce Connections aim to significantly improve the alignment of regional education and training providers.